In an effort to provide exceptional customer service, you offer live chat customer support.
Congratulations! (Author throws confetti in the air!!)
Now your customers have another option of getting in touch with you and getting the help and support they need. However…
You still channel the most of your customer support requests through other means – whether it be through email, social media, or even good old snail mail. After all, these other customer support systems offer better value and better service, don’t they?
The truth is live chat is by far and away the best format for customer support. This “one format to rule them all” offers a number of benefits and provides a higher level of customer satisfaction that other methods can’t provide. But don’t take my word for it – there are plenty of statistics that support live chat’s superiority. So here are 15 statistics for why you should make live chat your primary method of customer support.
Customers love live chat
1. 73% of customers are satisfied after using live chat, higher than any other form of customer support such as email, telephone, or social media.
2. 42% of customers selected live chat as their preferred method of receiving customer support, higher than any other support method.
3. 44% of customers reported that having a live person answer their questions during an online purchase was one of the most important features that a website could offer.
4. While making an online purchase, 83% of customers needed live support for assistance.
5. 94% customers proactively invited to chat were somewhat or very satisfied with their live chat experience.
6. 90% of customers find live chat helpful overall.
Live chat increases sales
7. 62% of customers were (more) inclined to purchase products online if live customer support is available.
8. 38% of customers have said that they have made a purchase due to a good live chat session itself.
9. The availability of live chat assistance has been found to decrease sales cart abandonment by up to 30%, which resulted in an increase in sales.
Live chat creates loyal customers
10. 63% of customers reported that they are more likely to return to a site that offers live chat.
11. Live chat is cost effective
12. Live chat reduces the number of live calls, which is better for business since agents can support multiple chats but not multiple calls. Some businesses reported up to a 70% deflection rate from calls to live chat.
Live chat is quick
13. 79% of respondents in one survey said they preferred live chat because they received quick answers.
14. 60% of customers said that they hated waiting longer than a minute for a reply It takes on average only 23 seconds for a live chat rep to respond, and only 46 seconds to solve a customer’s problem.
15. 45% of US consumers will abandon an online transaction if their questions or concerns aren’t addressed quickly.
If you haven’t made live chat your primary customer service support method, then this information definitely makes the case for you to change that immediately.
If you have been using live chat and other customer service methods, let us know what your experience has been like in the comments section below.