Have you ever had a bad customer service experience?
It all began when I had to change an airline booking. I called the airline office to get some information on the next cheapest available dates. Rather than going straight to an actual person, I was taken to one of those automated options where you had to enter a number to get to the relevant department. So I entered the number…which took me to another automatic number prompt. Then another. Then another.
Finally, I reached the right department… only to be put on hold. So I waited for my call to be picked up by a customer service agent.
And waited. And waited.
Ultimately, I gave up and hung up the phone. Since then, I’ve made it a point to NOT book tickets through that airline again.
Offering poor customer service like this can have a very negative impact on your business and sales. In fact, 78% of customers have abandoned a sales transaction due to bad customer service.
Thankfully, there is a simple way in which you can improve your customer service. A way in which you can transform a cold, impersonal experience like the one I had to a warm, positive, and even fun personal interaction. By humanizing your customer support, you can reap a number of benefits for your business. And one of the best tools to humanize your customer support is through live chat. Here’s how you can benefit from humanizing your business with live chat.
Why you need to humanize your customer support
You may be asking yourself: why should I bother to humanize my customer support? After all, the regular approach seems to be working, why bother to fix something that’s not broken? Actually, there are a number of benefits to be gained from humanizing your customer support interactions and allowing your customers to feel a personal connection with your customer support team. Some of these benefits include:
- Increased sales: Buyers who felt a strong connection to a business or brand had higher rates of consideration, were more likely to make a purchase and were more willing to pay a premium.
- Better brand recognition: Humanizing your customer support can also lead to better brand recognition by providing a differentiating factor that allows your businesses to separate itself from competitors.
- Increased customer loyalty: By humanizing your customer support you can create higher levels of customer loyalty since humanizing your business encourages trust and customers will be more likely to purchase from businesses that they trust.
How live chat can help you to humanize your customer support
So now you’re totally on board with humanizing your customer support…but you may be asking, why live chat? The truth is that live chat can help to humanize your customer support in a number of ways. These include:
- Near instant human interaction: Nobody wants to be stuck at the other end of the line, waiting, hoping, and praying for a real live human to answer the phone. Customers hate waiting more than a minute to receive customer support, and the longer the wait the more likely the customer is to be dissatisfied with the experience. With live chat options such as automatic chat acceptance, your customers can be guaranteed nearly instant access to a customer support agent.
- A personal connection: By using real pictures and names of your support agents, you will allow your customer to put a human and name face to the interaction, making the interaction far more personal and encouraging engagement.
- Allows your customer support agents to create individualized interactions: As long as your customer service team follows the general rules of live chat etiquette, they can personalize the conversations that they have with customers. This will help to create a great connection with your team and company brand, and also differentiates your team from other less personal customer support teams. Who knows – your agent’s individualized conversation might even go viral and gain you more customers and fans!
Have you ever had a great personal customer support experience? Have you ever been provided with a great humanized customer service experience with live chat? If so, let us know in the comments section below. Start your 14-day free trial!